Dual Enrollment is a program that allows eligible high school students to earn credit toward high school graduation and future college degree programs. Credits earned through Dual Enrollment will be applied to the student’s high school transcript and college/university transcript. The dual enrollment program is recommended for students in 11th and 12th grade if they meet eligibility criteria. We offer dual enrollment on-site at FSUS in partnership with Tallahassee Community College (TCC), and students are open to dual enrollment with TCC, FAMU or FSU either online or on campus.
TCC Dual Enrollment Minimum Requirements
Cumulative GPA (unweighted)
FSU Dual Enrollment Minimum Requirements
Cumulative GPA (unweighted)
Courses Offered on Campus
ENC 1101 - College Composition I (Fall Semester)
ENC 1102 - Argument & Persuasion (Spring Semester)
MAT 1033 - Intermediate Algebra (Fall Semester)
MAC 1105 - College Algebra (Spring Semester)
POS 1041 - National Government (Fall Semester)
ECO 2013 - Principles of Economics: Macroeconomics (Spring Semester)
*All classes are pending instructor availability.
In addition to our on-site dual enrollment classes, students who meet eligibility criteria for dual enrollment with TCC may elect to take up to 11 credit hours per semester on the TCC campus or online Students may also elect to take up to 9 credit hours on FSU's campus.
Students who wish to take a dual enrollment course should schedule an appointment with the dual enrollment coordinator, Coach McNeil, to review eligibility, and will need to submit a dual enrollment form by the deadline.
For more information, please contact Coach McNeil at email@example.com
Tallahassee Community College Requirements
To view the TCC Parent Information Guide click HERE
Note: The following requirements are subject to change based on articulation agreement or statutory requirements..
- Students must have a 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA).
- Students must have qualifying SAT, ACT, or PERT (Florida Post-Secondary Education Readiness Test) scores in all areas.
- You must have written permission from your school guidance counselor to participate in the high school dual enrollment program. A new Permission to Register form must be submitted each semester a student is dual enrolled at TCC.
- Dual enrollment students must maintain a 2.5 GPA in their dual enrollment classes to remain in the program.
- For more information, visit http://www.tcc.fl.edu/academics/dual-enrollment-program/
Apply to TCC
Apply to TCC Dual Enrollment to gain access to an EagleNet account.
Register for classes using your EagleNet account.
TCC Course Catalog
Check out course descriptions and prerequisite information for TCC classes.
Permission To Register
Fill out this form and give it to Coach McNeil to officialy request dual enrollment classes.
If you need to make changes to the classes that you originally requested on the Permission to Register form, complete this form and give it to Coach McNeil.
How to Workday
Course Search & View Schedule
Florida State University Requirements
Note: The following requirements are subject to change based on articulation agreement or statutory requirements.
1. Students must submit an application for dual enrollment to FSU.
2. Student must have a 3.9 weighted high school GPA on a minimum of 12 graded credits to include at least all of the following:
- 2 English credits,
- 2 mathematics credits,
- one of which must be Algebra II or higher,
- 1 science credit with lab,
- 1 social studies credit
3. Students must have qualifying test scores on the SAT or ACT.
- ACT- Composite 26; Reading 19; Writing 19; Math 21
- SAT- Composite 1230; Reading 24.5; Writing 27.5 ; Math 25.5
4. For more information, visit http://ace.fsu.edu/dual-enrollment
Please Note: Students may only take a maximum of 9 credit hours per semester. 3.0 FSU GPA for returning students is required. Proof of credit for prerequisite course requirements must be provided to enroll in higher level courses, if applicable. This is documented on the transcript or score reports.
FSU DE Course List
This is a list of available class options.
FSU DE Course Descriptions
Basic description of what content each class covers.
Lively Technical Center
- Students must be at least 16 years of age
- A student has completed a minimum of 11 high school credits.
- A student has met the minimum 2.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA).
- Some programs have additional program-specific requirements; see Coach McNeil in Student Services for more information.
How to begin the process:
- Complete the LTC Career Dual Enrollment Application (see page 5 in the admissions packet). Submit to Coach McNeil in Student Services.
- Coach McNeil will submit the application and transcript for processing.
- If the student does not have qualifying scores on the PERT, the student will need to schedule a time to take the TABE at Lively.
- Attend orientation
- Begin dual enrolling at Lively
Lively TC Documents
Includes Application to be turned into Coach McNeil.