If you are a STUDENT interested in dual enrollment for Summer or Fall 2021, please wait until May 2021 to join our REMIND group for text message updates by texting @FSUSdual to the number 81010. Due to large numbers, this group is for students only.
It is expected that dual enrollment students will have the maturity, organizational skills, and personal responsibility to not rely on a parent to monitor grades or get paperwork turned in on time.
Dual Enrollment at FSUS
The dual enrollment program is recommended for students in 11th and 12th grade, if they meet eligibility criteria. We offer dual enrollment on-site at FSUS in partnership with Tallahassee Community College (TCC), and students are open to dual enroll with TCC or FSU either online or on campus.
The courses we offer on-site through TCC are:
ENC 1101 - College Composition I (Fall Semester)
ENC 1102 - Argument & Persuasion (Spring Semester)
MAT 1033 - Intermediate Algebra (Fall Semester)
MAC 1105 - College Algebra (Spring Semester)
POS 1041 - National Government (Fall Semester)
ECO 2013 - Principles of Economics: Macroeconomics (Spring Semester)
* All classes are pending instructor availability.
In addition to our on-site dual enrollment classes, students who meet eligibility criteria for dual enrollment with TCC may elect to take up to 11 credit hours per semester on the TCC campus or online and up to 6 with FSU.
Students who wish to take a dual enrollment course should schedule an appointment with the dual enrollment coordinator, Coach McNeil, to review eligibility, and will need to submit a dual enrollment form by the deadline.
Students should never add, change, or drop a dual enrollment course on their own, even if they appear to have access to do so. Any changes to their schedule must be approved by the dual enrollment coordinator.
For more information, please contact Coach McNeil @ email@example.com
More Information - TCC, FSU, & Lively Technical Center
Tallahassee Community College Requirements
To view the TCC Parent Information Guide click HERE
Note: The following requirements are subject to change based on articulation agreement or statutory requirements..
- Student must have a 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average (GPA).
- Student must have qualifying SAT, ACT, PERT (Florida Post-Secondary Education Readiness Test) or CPT (College Placement Test) scores in all areas. Students who are deficient in college level math must correct the deficiency by the time they complete 12 hours of college classes. They must also show that they are currently enrolled in a math class at their high school. To continue beyond the initial 12 hours, students must have appropriate test scores in Math.
- You must have written permission from your school guidance counselor to participate in the high school dual enrollment program. A new Permission to Register form must be submitted each semester a student is dual enrolled at TCC.
- Dual enrollment students must maintain a 2.5 GPA in their dual enrollment classes to remain in the program.
- For more information, visit http://www.tcc.fl.edu/academics/dual-enrollment-program/
Ordering a TCC Transcript
1. Go to www.tcc.fl.edu
2. Hover over "Academics"
3. Scroll down and hover over "Registration and Records" and click on "Transcripts.'
4. Click on the yellow transcript box.
TCC has partnered with Credentials Solutions (Transcripts Plus) to provide online transcript ordering services. All and any questions can be directed to a Credentials Solutions service representative by calling 847-716-3005.
Note: All official transcripts must be requested using Transcripts Plus, and not submitted to TCC. There is no charge or fee for a transcript, and NO cash, check, or money order should be sent to TCC.
Florida State University Requirements
Note: The following requirements are subject to change based on articulation agreement or statutory requirements.
1. Student must submit an application for dual enrollment to FSU.
2. Student must have a 3.9 weighted high school GPA on a minimum of 12 graded credits to include at least all of the following:
- 2 English credits,
- 2 mathematics credits,
- one of which must be Algebra II or higher,
- 1 science credit with lab,
- 1 social studies credit
3. Student must have qualifying test scores on the SAT or ACT.
- ACT- Composite 26; Reading 19; Writing 19; Math 21
- SAT- Composite 1230; Reading 24.5; Writing 27.5 ; Math 25.5
4. For more information, visit http://ace.fsu.edu/dual-enrollment
Please Note: Students may only take a maximum of 9 credit hours per semester. 3.0 FSU GPA for returning students is required. Proof of credit for prerequisite course requirements must be provided to enroll in higher level courses, if applicable. This is documented on the transcript or score reports. Also, if students choose to take online courses be aware that extra fees required for the course are not covered under the tuition waiver offered through FSU.
Lively Technical Center
- Student must be at least 16 years of age
- A student has completed a minimum of 11 high school credits.
- A student has met the minimum 2.0 unweighted grade point average (GPA).
- A student has qualifying scores on the PERT or has taken the TABE.
- The PERT is offered once a semester at FSUS, free of charge.
- To make an appointment to take the TABE at Lively, please contact Ms. Shields at 850-487-7410 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Some programs have additional program specific requirements; see Coach McNeil in Student Services for more information.
How to begin the process:
- Complete the LTC Career Dual Enrollment Application (see page 5 in the admissions packet). Submit to Coach McNeil in Student Services.
- Coach McNeil will submit the application and transcript for processing.
- If the student does not have qualifying scores on the PERT, the student will need to schedule a time to take the TABE at Lively.
- Attend orientation
- Begin dual enrolling at Lively